'Just keep focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel'. This has become my daily affirmation; in fact not only my daily affirmation but at times my minute by minute mantra...
Every day at the moment seems to throw up new challenges. No sooner do I think that something has been sorted then BOOM it raises its ugly head again. Questions, demands, control, more demands and more control. I have to remain strong. I have to take a deep breath, every single day, every minute and keep brushing myself down, picking myself up and carrying on. Basically doing all those things that as someone with mental health issues find hardest to do.
My mental wellbeing is taking a bashing relentlessly at the moment and I am positive that there are some people out there who are thinking that I have brought it upon myself. People who think I am exaggerating, lying even (this angers me so much). And yes, decisions that have been made have been made by me, but whatever anyone thinks it is the RIGHT decision for me, my children and my future.
So what am I doing to manage my daily mental health? Basically these few things:-
1. Getting outside, every single day. But not just going outside, being mindful when I am out there. My job involves me being outside all day long, but I am working so mentally it is very different. So, I ensure that every day I take at least 15 minutes where I am mindful about what I am doing. Be it sitting peacefully, walking quietly alone it is just 15 minutes of time where I am putting myself first.
2. Taking to friends and family. I have discovered the most amazing network of people over the last three months. A large, diverse and widespread group of phenomenal individuals who have shown me non judgemental and heartfelt love and support. It has, if I am honest, humbled me. I am so very, very fortunate to have these people in my live and talking and connecting with them every day is vital to my well being.
3. Eating well - ummmm, this is one that I need to work on. I haven't been eating brilliantly although I am having the most amazing lunches at work at the moment; baguette, brie, baby leaf salad, houmous etc. Delish!
4. Hydration - I am making sure I am drinking a lot of water every day. But blimey I need to pee all the time!
5. Sleep. It is no secret to those who know me well that going to bed is my absoloute favourite part of the day and I am making sure I am getting all the ZZZZZZZ's at the moment. I am LOVING getting in to my bed at 9pm to watch I'm a Celebrity, usually chatting to a gorgeous friend via Whats App throughout (which always makes me smile from ear to ear) and then nodding off reading a good book. Bliss. 7-8 hours and I wake a much more positive and happy bunny.
So, if you are going through a tough time then I really, really do get where you are right now and please, please feel free to message me and we can share the pain! They do say that divorce is the single most stressful thing you can go through, so I figure that in 12 months time I will be looking at 2020 clean in the eye and living my best life.
The Light IS at the end of the Tunnel and I can see it.....